Beep, beep! It’s Takeout Tuesday, when we feature alumni-owned restaurants and food establishments in a video review. Let’s support these and other locally owned small businesses by ordering takeout.
Reviewed by Karen Maurins ’11 Calabrese
Town – located in Kaimuki at 3435 Waialae Ave. – serves up delicious farm-to-table dishes with an eclectic flair. Chef and owner Ed Kenney ’86 opened this location in 2005, and stands by his mantra “local first, organic whenever possible, with aloha always.” Kenney’s other restaurants – Mud Hen Water, Kaimuki Superette and Mahina and Suns – also serve up local, seasonal menus. Town is open for takeout with easy ordering online or by phone. Curbside pickup is available on 9th Avenue, adjacent to the restaurant.
Here’s what we ordered:
- Sweetland chevre fritters, Ma’o beets, fennel, pesto and house made focaccia
- Hand-cut pasta, beef, pork and porcini ragu
- Burger – customizable with egg and French fries
- Porchetta, polenta, collard greens and mac nut
- Buttermilk panna cotta, fruit and honey
Town is open for takeout Tuesday – Saturday, 4 – 8 p.m. Order online or call 808.735.5900.For more information or to find out when dine-in service resumes, visit their website or follow @townkaimuki on Instagram.